Sustainability makes good business sense, and results in a better New Zealand for future generations. We achieve this by striving for efficiency in our manufacturing and operational processes, minimising waste, emissions and discharges, building relationships with our community and partnering with like-minded businesses.
As a Ravensdown staff member you will:
- Be granted one day of leave each year to undertake community, environmental or some other voluntary work of your choice as ‘Lend a Hand’ day.
- Be offered training as part of your induction to learn about climate change, the concept of sustainability and our approach
- Be supported and encouraged to connect with staff in different locations using online platforms
- Have the opportunity for flexible working (for appropriate roles)
- Be encouraged to offer new ideas - every one of us can contribute towards successful long-term stewardship of natural resources through our actions every day. All new ideas are considered where they might improve our sustainability performance
We focus on what is important to our stakeholders and measure four impact areas. We report on progress through our integrated report which includes our carbon footprint and measures us against the UN Sustainable Development Goals. https://integratedreporting.ravensdown.co.nz/